Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mini Vacation


Ryan had to go to work in Moab for a few days, so the girls and I went with him. We hung out by the pool during the day and went to great little places to eat at night. It was fun to get away and relax, but it is always nice to come back home.


I am still without a camera, so Ryan's dad let me borrow his for the weekend. It took me a little while to figure it out. It is totally different than mine on the manual setting and I refuse to shoot on anything but manual. It was beautiful down there, but I didn't get any great shots. Site seeing with two small children in an unfamiliar town and trying to get great pics is impossible. I really want to go down there when we have time to see the sites and I have help with the kids.
We drove up to a guys house that works at Wheelers and on our way there we saw this house with an old ford truck in the yard. I made Ryan pull over for a shot. Lately I have been obsessed with old vehicles.


I do have to say that we really must live in the most beautiful state. Utah is amazing. I have been to all of these places in the past, but I never took the time to notice how amazing it is. We were leaving Salina, with big mountains on both sides. We then passed through a desert, very dry and desolate. Then we hit the San Rafel Swell. That was truly amazing. (I wanted so bad to stop and take pictures, but Ryan is not always willing to stop every time I want to take pictures of something. My camera only had limited memory card space and I wanted to get pics of the kids.) We then went through another dry desert and finally we were to Moab. The plateaus before reaching there were beautiful and so different from the mountains that we are used to. Moab's giant red rocks and cliffs glow in the sunset. It amazes me that God created such a beautiful place where you see one extreme to the next. I love living here!!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Glad you had fun! Moab is a fun place because even though its not too far from home, it feels like you are really really far away, and that is why I love Moab.
Oh- and I need some help with these photoshop actions. I will call you so you can help me sometime, but probably when summer slows down a bit. I bet you are dying without a camera.

Dani said...

Oh- and one more thing. Have you ever done a retreat at Country keepsakes? I've never seen you at one. The holiday one goes on Sale on August 1. While they do have fun ideas and cute projects, its usually more fun because its a day away doing creative things. I always go with Misty and Danyette. And now that Danyette is gone, it will be me and Misty. We would LOVE you to join us if you want to.
Let me know!

Dani said...

Wow- call this the Dani commenting thread... anyway the retreat is October 25.