Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Parties and more Parties...

On Aniston's birthday we gave her, her presents 1st thing in the morning. We bought her a new Bigger bike since she finally learned how to ride without training wheels. She was very excited, but still refuses to take of the training wheels on the bigger bike. That morning the kids played outside. We still had swimming lessons and they talked me into riding our bikes there. It was fun, but hot!! I had to bake cupcakes and her birthday cake. I had to get the stuff ready for her party, finish the treat bags, and still get ready myself. The day was a swirl of activities. Emerson still wasn't feeling good. I knew taking her to the friend party would be disasterous. My grandparents kept her for me. They are the best!!

I decided to have a bike party. I made invitations in the shapes of bike tires. We were going to have the kids bring their bikes. Make name plates for the front. We added noise makers to their tires. (you all remember doing this with cards and clothspins)

We set up a bike obstacle course for the kids. They started going through a sprinkler, then they got off of their bikes, went through a tent, hit a ball off of a t, got back on their bikes, drove through the bubbles, and last weaving through 4 cones, and raced to the finish line. When they finished they got a blue ribbon. I think that it was fun and Aniston said that she wanted to have a bike party next year. We then opened presents and had a cupcake and the party was over. My mom was there to help take the kids and their bikes home. Ryan took the day off to help me, which he probably won't do again. He wasn't crazy about the kids party. (thanks, though, honey. It was a lot easier with you there. You are the BEST!!)

I do not do cakes well and I really want to be the mom that does it all. I saw this cake on BH&G. It looked easy enough. So here is my sad attempt...

We made dinner and had all of our family here for the family party. Ryan made the best Turkey sandwiches. It was great. My family is the best.

My sister sent Ansitons presents down with my dad. Aniston opened them and with the most dramatic voice, stated that Aunt tania is the best. She knows exactly what I like. (she got her a Hannah Montana purse, wallet, and cups) She is spoiled rotten. She got a ton of great gifts from everyone.

Here we are with her flip flop shaped cake. It was a great party and a great day and it isn't fair that she is 6!

I just have to say thanks to a couple of my friends. They are the best.
Thanks Janell for letting me borrow your camera. I wouldn't have any pictures of her bithday. THANKS SO MUCH!!
Tayna, thanks for the cake tips. It still didn't look great, but the tips helped. THANKS a lot!!

6 comments:

Britania said...

Good Job! You are so creative, I will be calling you for my party ideas when we have kids parties. We both need a little practice on the cakes, we should take a class sometime, and figure out the fonet.

Brasher family said...

Cute pictures! You are so creative and it looks like the kids had a blast! I think the cake turned out great!

Dani said...

Ooh- I want to throw parties like you do. I knew you would go all out though- it was adorable. I am the same way, I want to do it all for my kids- so I attempt cakes, making clothes, invitations, favors... We have so much in common!

Unknown said...

You have such great ideas for your kids. I think it's great that your so creative and ambitious about everything. I know who to call when I finally get kids!

Fishing wasn't so hot last weekend. We caught a few small ones, but we have no clue about catching the big ones. Jeff has only been to fishlake a few times so were still learning the tricks.

Amy Rosquist said...

Looks like a fun time at your house. Cute family!!

Rhi said...

Fun party! I talked to Julie and she said she would send you a flier with info on the Mistleto Mall. She said you could also call her if you have questions.