Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I must be doing something right...


Saturday morning I was in the shower and I could hear Ryan telling Aniston to wait just a minute. She kept saying I just need to ask mom one question and he kept telling her just let her finish in the shower and get dressed. I finished and was getting dressed and she came in. She had a graduation card and 3 pieces of scrapbook paper. She wanted me to help her decide on a color of paper. I asked her what she needed it for and she told me that she got this card in the mail today from my Great aunt and uncle and she wanted to send them a thank you card. I read the card that she had and it was from them. I wanted to cry at that moment, I was thinking to myself "what a sweet girl I have, she thought of that all on her own" I am so proud of her. So I helped her pick a paper for Rodney. Then she dissapeared. She came back up stairs with two cards, cut and folded just like cards. She then sat down at the table and started writing. My heart was so full. She is so sweet and thoughtful. I couldn't help but snap a few pictures. I am always telling her to stay sweet, to always be kind to others, and to do nice things for people and they will do nice things for you. But her being 5, I wasn't sure that she was listening. She must be listening to me a little.


As for the rest of the weekend. We finished painting the kitchen cabnets and hung them up. Ryan grouted the tile and we textured our celing in our room and got it ready for painting. One day soon I hope that we will be done with this remodeling fun. It would be really nice to not have to do anything for one whole weekend.
On Monday we went to Redmond and Salina to visit our grandparents graves. Going out to them isn't my favorite thing to do, but when we get there, Ryan and I always talk about them and I love hearing and sharing stories about our grandparents. Aniston loves it too. She is always asking questions about them. I love seeing all of the flags posted in the cemetary. It makes me feel very proud to be an american.

8 comments:

Britania said...

How cute, she is so cute. I am glad you posted that pic of grandma and grandpa's grave, I haven't been out there in years. It is very patriotic.

Autumn said...

That picture of her writing the cards is so sweet. What a thoughtful little girl, you should be proud!

Jenn said...

You MUST be doing something right. Way to be a good mom!

I want to see your cabinets-- you've got to post a picture.

Rhi said...

I agree with Jenn. You talked about your cabinets and no picture? We want to see! Your little girl is so cute.

Dani said...

You are a great mom, and that proves it. Yes, we want pictures of the remodel....

Shawna said...

OH Im so glad you found me. Your little family is so stinkin cute. I also cannot believe its been a year. And Nephi is already bugging me for another baby. Holy crap Im not ready for that. Anyway it will be fun to keep in touch on here.

Ashley said...

That is the sweetest story. It was good to hear from you the other day!

Tiffany said...

She's a cutie. It means a lot to see and hear your kids be so thoughtful.