Saturday, November 13, 2010

thankful {day 7}


Today I am thankful for my dad...
Who happens to be having a birthday today...
So Happy Birthday Dad!!

Today I am thankful for the relationship that my dad and I have now!

We have had some rough times...We haven't always agreed...We haven't always been on the same page...but time heals old wounds and thank heavens that it does.
We are good now...so good! We talk almost every day. I feel like I can tell him anything. We share our lives now, the good and the bad.
I have come to the realization that when it comes to family, I kinda got delt a bad hand. One divorce is bad enough, but to have to go through 2, it, well, it really SUCKS! And to all of you who know me, know that it was a lot messier than just 2 divorces. And it was easy to be mad and to place blame, but in the whole scheme of things it all just really doesn't matter! What matters is the relationships that we build after. What matters is how much you are willing to forgive and forget. What matters is that you learn from it.
I have been hurt, I have cried, I have felt alone, I have been angry. I have learned how to cope. I have learned what is really important. And what is really important is LOVE, Love is all that really matters. Not one time in the last 15 years did I ever question the love that my dad had for me. I always knew it was there. He has always loved me and I know that now! And through it all I have always loved him! Through the good times and the bad times!
So thanks Dad! Thanks for being you and loving me the way that you do!!



No comments: