Monday, September 8, 2008

WOW...


Custom Glitter Text


Okay, So I survived our fundrasing yard sale weekend and as I set here and reflect back on the whole weekend, my heart is so full. I am amazed at the generosity of the entire community that I live in. I was thinking to myself as we were setting out the stuff that we had collected, that if we made $500 I would be thrilled. All day on Friday my mom and I sold stuff left and right. We were busy with people all day. At the end of the day we sent my grandpa in to count the money. MUCH to my suprise we had made $2100. IN ONE DAY!! My respose was "are you kidding me?" Saturday was not any different. We sold the Navajo Tacos in the afternoon, conitnued with the yard selling, and set up quilts to raffle. In another day we made another $2000. So our grand total for our fundraising efforts from this communtiy was close to $15,000. That is amazing to me! People were fantastic. They would buy something and then give a few extra dollars. We were a little nervous that things would get stolen in the night and when we got back there the next day, people had dropped off more things.
There were so many people who were there to help and just thinking about all the time they spend with us the last few days brings tears to my eyes. I just have to Thank you to a few people. 1st of all we were also raffling a 4-wheeler there. My grandparents have this neighbor who is willing to do just about anything you ask of him. He sat by the 4-wheeler all day long for 3 days straight selling his little heart out. Rick Heaps is his name and I think that he is amazing. He helped us the enitre time, not even willing to take a break for lunch. He was awesome, we couldn't have done it without him.
Next, my grandmas sisters, Eunice and Betty were there all day on Saturday helping prepare and make the navajo tacos. They were fantastic. There really isn't anything like having a great sister. I just love them both so much.
My best friend Starli is next on my thank you list. Barretts donated all of the stuff for the Tacos, which was way more than I expected!! Then, on top of doing that, Starli was down there on Friday and again a couple times on Saturday to make sure that there wasn't anything that we needed. She delivered the food and then went back for me on Saturday. Starli, you are the best. I love you!! Thank you for your help.
C.G. and Brenna Health deserve a thank you as well. They were there 1st thing Friday morning, willing to help any way that they could. They helped us bring out more items and helped us set it up. Thank you both!!
Lastly I would like to thank Bob and Connie Malmgreen. They were down everyday, seeing if there was anything they could do. They donated items to the sale, they bought items, they came back for a Navajo Taco, and then on Sunday they came to see how we were doing and then stayed to help us clean it all up and load the stuff in the trailer. They didn't have to do that, but they did and I am very grateful. There is nothing like having a great friend!!
I know that there is many more people who helped and I remember each and everyone of you. I truly am amazed and so very grateful for the support that my communtiy showed. It was a truly humbling experience. I am so blessed to live in such a great and supportive community!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are your mom are the one's who need to be thanked also. It would have happened without you and all the people you know. So THANKS K'BRINA, TRACY AND GRANDPA & GRANDMA and family also the town of Salina for all you did and all you still do. This is the time when family and friends are so important. All the good you do will never be forgotten. Your WONDERFUL K'brina!