Thursday, August 7, 2008

Potty training woes...

My mom said that she had me and my sister potty trained before our 2nd birthdays. So with Emersons birthday weeks away I decided to try to start the task of potty training.

This is one of my least favorite things about being a mom. I have spend probably 3 hours every day in front of the toilet saying things like,
"go potty, you can do it." "Aniston does it". "mommy will give you ice cream if you potty in the potty".
I have been sitting right in front of her clapping and jumping up and down in my high pictched mommy voice. I feel like I have lost my mind, but it is such a great feeling to have them do it so we will keep trying!

I was watching T.V. this morning and this commercial came on. It made me laugh. I tried to download it from youtube, but it isn't on there so check it out here. All of you mommies out there know what I am talking about.
Click on the mothers day one.
http://www.juicyjuice.com/Products/Commercials.aspx

4 comments:

The Quarnbergs said...

how true that commercial is! Potty training SSSSUUUCCCKKKSSS! Tai did pretty good, I have heard some real horror stories- but it all just reaks! (no pun intended) Good luck!

Misty said...

Potty training is one of the hardest things to teach a toddler. I truely feel for you. Good Luck!!!

Jenn said...

Good luck with that!

Brasher family said...

I love the picture!!! You are so dang sweet. Thanks for the comment on the pics. I just barely got a Nikon D80 last month. I love it, but am still trying to figure some things out. If you buy one at a Wolf or Ritz Camera you get free classes too. I haven't gone to one yet, but when I do, I'll let you know if it's worth it or not. :)