Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Family in need

The family is one of nature's masterpieces.

George Santayana
1863-1952, American Philosopher, Poet
more famous quotes


Family is an amazing thing. Since I can remember, I have been surrounded by a family that has supported, and loved, and always taken care of each other. I feel so blessed to be part of such a tight knit group of amazing people. So when one of us is not healthy, we all feel unhealthy.

My uncle, my moms brother, was diagnosed with a rare liver disease, Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis in March of 2008. He is now in end stage liver failure and his only hope of living a normal life is a liver transplant. They recently met with the transplant team at the University of Utah. He is in desperate need of a liver and the only way that they will put him on the transplant list is if they have $50,000 in the bank.

In Salina, we are having a yard sale fundraiser. If you live around here and I haven't talked to you, PLEASE donate a box of items for our yard sale and then come and buy something =)

Donations can also be made at your nearest Wells Fargo or Zion’s Banks in the name of Curtis J. Johnson.

I have a donation account set up through pay pal. I am only hoping that if you feel that you can donate, even a dollar, then please do. Every dollar puts us closer to our goal. Every dollar donated will go directly to my uncle Curtis. To the right side is a donation button, press it and it will take you to pay pal and they will require your info.

THANK YOU to anyone who donates! It means so much to my family and I!!

6 comments:

Brenna said...

That is aweful when and where do we bring stuff for the yard sale??

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

since my mom outed me its only fair you have mine to read on its http://carelrod.blogspot.com/ I know I should have message you before, sorry. Anyway, I was hoping my mom would have stuff to donate and called and told her to see.

Unknown said...

I was trying to comment last night and I couldn't figure out how to do it between the 2 blogs, my dads name kept coming up. Sorry to clutter your blog. Anyways, your so sweet to do the yard sale. Every bit helps and we do appreciate EVERYTHING. Luv ya!