Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lake Powell


We had an amazing time in Lake Powell. It was the 1st time that either of the girls had been there. I was a little worried about Emerson, but she was so good. On Friday we left early in the morning and we were all excited. When we got there the wind was blowing, so we set up camp and relaxed a little. The girls loved playing in the sand. We ate dinner and the wind was just getting worse, so we put a movie on in the truck (thank heaven for DVD players made for cars) and Ryan and I got our beds made. We went to bed early and hoped that tomorrow would be wind free. My early risers woke us up just as the sun was coming up and Yeah, no wind. We loaded up in the boat and began to fish. We were out there all day and my sweet girls were perfect angels. Ryan has been teaching Aniston to cast in the garage and she grabbed her pole and fished away. We caught a few fish and Aniston netted all of them. She is so funny and her daddy loves that she is so into fishing. Emerson had some coke for breakfast and some chocolate licorice (which I believe is okay, because we were on vacation, right?) We went back to camp and ate dinner, started us a fire, and set around and talked. I swear as long as I live I will never forget that day. It was perfect! I made them pose for the picture in the banner. I'm not sure that they loved the 20 retakes, but the picture turned out just as I wanted and they will love it when I enlarge it and hang it on our wall. The next day we fished some more and again the girls were great. We then had to end our fun and get ready to go home. It isn't fun to have to pack up and head back to real life, but the memories that we made were priceless.

2 comments:

Dani said...

I love the picture in the banner. It looks fabulous. Send your photo shop tips my way. And it looks like you had a great time--family times are the best.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about this blogging stuff. Since I have been home it has taken up alot of my time. I like to change mine alot too, it's alot of fun! I think about all the childhood memories with you and Britania. We spent alot of time together in the summers, it was always fun. We should keep in touch.