Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a New Year...


Insead of a long list of "resolutions,"

of unrealistic goals,

that never see me through the 1st week of January,

I am doing something different this year.

One word...

or rather 3 words,

that I have chosen to use as guidance for this upcoming year.


FOCUS


SIMPLIFY


NOURISH


Good words, right?


Each of these words have a different meaning to me. I may use them all or just one at a time.

This last year has been crazy for us.

New job, new baby, adjusting to both.

We have been so very blessed this last year,

yet I don't think that we had the time or energy to savor it.


So back to the words...

Focus.

I am going to focus on different things each month.

Focus on a small goal and see it through.

Whether it be laundry, decorating my house room by room, building a better business,

learning new things, or on being a better mom.

I may share my focus with you,

then again I may not.


Simplify.

I need to learn to say no. I need to not bite off more than I can chew.

I need to sit back and enjoy little moments.


Nourish.

I need to nourish myself. I need to nourish my body, my mind, and my spirit. I need to take more time for myself and not feel bad about it. I need to be able to be creative on a daily basis. I need to read more. I need to feel enlightened. I need to remember what it was I loved about photography and learn from it again.

I feel like if I am able to nourish myself, I will be a better mother and a better wife!


I am hoping to do some new fun things with this blog. Check back to see what I have in mind...
Do your have any New Years Goals you want to share??

1 comment:

Launa said...

I went with the one word goal as well--mine is to treasure. I want to focus on treasuring my husband, my children, all that I have been so abundantly blessed with. It made me smile to see that someone else was taking the same approach. :)