Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Laughter...

"the human race has one really effective weapon,
and that is laughter"
{mark.twain}

This morning I woke up, I mean I rolled out of bed. I tossed and turned all night. My mind raced with things that needed to be accomplished and things that I was dreading and, well, just things. I couldn't turn it off. As I layed there in disgust, I just kept getting more and more upset. I was really, really tired. I really wanted to sleep. So when it was time to get up I was GROUCHY!! I growled at my kids when they disagreed on how they wanted their eggs cooked. I was short tempered with Aniston when she wanted to talk and not eat her breakfast. I was super irritated when she didn't get dressed fast enough. The morning drug on forever, with my stupid computer not working right and me setting on the phone for 40 minutes trying to fix the problem.

Lunch, finally. Ryan comes home at lunch and I get to complain to him as I make his lunch. (which I am postive that he hates, but he listens anyway)

Emerson wanted to wait for her daddy to eat her lunch and as they sat at the bar together and ate their spagetti, they giggled and laughed and I found myself smiling, probably for the 1st time today. So as I sat there and laughed at the two of them, with spagetti sauce on their faces, the day didn't really seem so bad. Laughing helped. (and so did the coke that I had while I was watching them)
See, just seeing her laugh, makes me smile. Ryan and Aniston went ice fishing this last weekend. Ryan told me later that night, that he just loves the girls so much. He told me that he hadn't had that much fun fishing in a long time.
And catching this big fish out of the ice sure helped!!